Find Who-wrote-Genesis answers
“Moses” is a decent answer to the question of Who-wrote-Genesis. He was the one who led the slave people of Israel out of bondage in Egypt and for 40 years thereafter. He was a special prophet, chosen by God for a very difficult and prolonged work.
But did Moses have what it took to write the Book of Genesis, by himself or even with the help of all his assistants?
Who could really write the Book of Genesis?
For starters, only Someone Who knows the end from the beginning. Only Someone Who knows everything. Only Someone Who is in control – all powerful, and all-sufficient.
Genesis is the beginning or first book of the Bible, and the Bible is truth (John 17:17).
Who decides what is truth?
Many people, especially over the last few decades, would argue that what is true for me is not necessarily true for them. –But that is relativism, not absolute truth.
God is the only One Who can define truth – absolute truth. Science claims to seek truth and to look at facts over time to turn hypotheses into theories. And, if theories still prove to be “true” over time (under observation and/or experiment), into “laws”. Because laws of science are supposed to be true in all, or nearly all, circumstances.
But this site shows that what science says is not always correct.
Another definition of truth is reality. Unfortunately, society has been so bombarded with the propaganda of “reality TV” in recent years, that there are many perceptions of reality that have blurred understanding.
Reality (do we now have to say “true reality”?) is what is.
Is “science” always true?
Yes, reality is shown by repeated observations, and it can be shown by repeated examples of true math. Science claims those as well. But a problem with science is that it is sometimes skewed by bias of people –politics have, for example, been involved in the interpretation of laboratory study results. Greed and deception have influenced “science” far more than most people know, because some (hypocritical) scientists are willing to compromise reality for personal gain.
“Science” has set itself up as the “authority” – the gatekeeper for reality. And they have called “religion” unscientific and therefore out of bounds. That is, they claim that anything that cannot be “proven” by the scientific method is not reliable so cannot be considered as a source for reality.
But on what basis have they done that?
On the basis of a hidden agenda. Some, including the most influential, in science have set up a whole framework of deception to try to get most people to believe what they want them to believe. And, too often, such powers of science want others to believe what they have set up (the deception) because that belief gives them cover or power to do what they want to do.
The Bible says that the “fool” has said in his heart that there is no God (Psalm 14:1). The meaning of that word translated “fool” is not about a person with no sense or discernment, and it is not about a low IQ. It is about a morally corrupt person.
And that seems to be the heart of the science-imposed “science verses religion" debate. Some in science do not want “religion” to be considered a source of knowledge that is worthy of listening to.
There should be no conflict between religion and science.-Rather, let me rephrase that: There is no conflict between true religion and true science.
The trouble is that some have worked out definitions for “science” that rule out the consideration of some aspects of reality. And, there are religious ideas and interpretations that are not true or reality, either.
But the good news is that we can know the amount of truth and reality that we need to know. It is available in the Christian Scriptures, called the Bible.
Why do I say that, and how can you know that?
Because the Bible is the word of God, and it is true. Because true “science” corroborates the Bible – it proves that what was written in the Bible thousands of years ago is and was true. (Talk about scientific support through something standing the test of time!)
Science wants us to believe that if something cannot be observed or tested (physically), it is not scientific = not true. But is that fair to reality?
It has often been said that “beauty is in the eye of the beholder.” People will disagree on exactly what is pretty, what is beautiful, what tastes good, and what does not. But everyone (or nearly everyone) can tell you about something that they think is beautiful or tastes good.
This, beauty is part of reality. But how do you test it scientifically?
Consider the Earth and the things on it
Most people will agree that there is at least some beauty in a sunrise and a sunset; in the faces of at least some women and children; in sleeping puppies and kittens; in flowers and trees; in snow-covered mountains and rocky seacoasts with the crashing tides of oceans.
Where did all those things come from? –Can science tell you? Evolution (in all its forms) tries to, but close examination reveals they do not know. (More helpful information is available via the "Solar System" tab on the main menu to your left. Read that page, and then click on the link to the "Origin of the Earth" tab, at the end of it.)
There is one “religious” source that has stood the test of time as being true and reality. That is the Bible. But how can you know that?
First, look at things that are unique about the Bible. Then we will look at how the Bible could be what it is. And since the Bible tells us where it came from, its Author has to be the Greatest Reality we can know!
Who-wrote-Genesis is learned through the unique Bible
Dr. Tony Evans, long-time pastor and Bible teacher, notes that ”The Bible is Unique” on pages 1027 through 1036 in his book titled Theology You Can Count On (© 2008 by the author; Moody Publishers, Chicago).
Here are just a few of the points Dr. Evans makes as he shows that no other book on Earth, from any age or source, is like the Bible:
He says that the Bible – Holy Scripture – “is unique because it is not the word of man, but of God.” He readily acknowledges that other religions, denominations, or cults claim they have special writings that were inspired by God. –Of course, it is easy to make such a claim: “So how do we know which claim to believe? Thankfully, we don’t have to guess, because there are stringent tests that any writing must meet to be validated as the true Word of God.” (page 1028)
What are some of those tests?
Briefly, Dr. Evans summarizes those tests under the following points (from pages 1028-1034):
• “The main reason we know the Bible is God’s Word is that Jesus said so.” (In his following explanatory remarks, Dr. Evans refers to Matthew 21:42; 22:29; 26:56 and 5:18; also, Luke 245:27.)
• “The Bible testifies to its own uniqueness: Hundreds of times in the Old Testament the prophets said ‘the word of the Lord’ came to them. Many other times God spoke directly through the patriarchs or the prophets to His people, who never failed to acknowledge that it was God who spoke.” Among the points made in this section, Dr. Evan also says: “The Bible gives unmistakable evidence that its thoughts come from God and not man.” (He references and quotes Isaiah 55:8-9.)
• “The Bible’s Perfect Unity testifies to its uniqueness: The Bible’s unity of message is nothing short of a miracle, given that it was written over a period of about fifteen hundred years by forty or more different people, who lived in several different countries with different cultures and came from every kind of background imaginable.” And Dr. Evans points out that the history and reality of our Savior is traced from Genesis to Revelation.
• “History testifies to the Bible’s uniqueness.” Dr. Evans points out “. . . that if people accepted the same standards of validity for the Bible that they readily accept for other historical documents, they would have to admit that the Bible is the most widely attested book ever written.” –He gives examples of other historical literature being “written hundreds of years” after the events described, whereas parts of the New Testament were written by eyewitnesses not long after Jesus died. And there are many manuscripts from a few hundred years after Christ died – compared to few manuscripts and more centuries after what they describe, for other famous ancient writings.
• “Only the Bible teaches about a Divine Trinity . . . affirming that God is ‘one in three’ –three distinct persons who share the same divine essence (see Matthew 28:19).” He also quotes Jesus from John 5:17; 10:30; and 14:26.
• “Only the Bible teaches the Divine Truth about Jesus . . . Christ’s virgin birth, sinless life as perfect man and eternal God in a human body, atoning death, and triumphant resurrection are enough to set this Book apart from all others. The Bible presents Jesus as the God-man, totally unlike anyone else in history (Philippians 2:5-11).”
• “Only the Bible teaches the whole truth about man . . . the Bible is alone in portraying man as not only the unique creation of God, but as utterly ruined by sin and completely helpless even to improve himself, to say nothing of saving himself, apart from God’s intervention.”
• “Only the Bible teaches the whole truth about salvation. . . . Every other religion known to mankind tells you what you must do to make yourself acceptable to God. But the Bible tells you what God has already done to save you.” Continuing, Dr. Evans points out that “. . . God gave His best [His Son, Jesus Christ] to reach down to you. Unlike any other religious book, the Bible says we are saved by grace and not by works (see Ephesians 2:8-9).”
• “Only the Bible teaches history in advance . . . . God’s Word teaches about history hundreds of years before it happens, which is called prophecy.” And “. . . the Bible’s standard is 100 percent accuracy . . . For example, the prophecy that Jesus would be born in the village of Bethlehem was written (in Micah 5:2) about seven hundred years before Christ’s birth. its fulfillment is recorded in Matthew 2:5-6.”
Dr. Evans concludes his observations on the uniqueness of the Bible by giving examples under the following two headings:
• “The Bible is unique in its impact”: -It has led to positive changes in individuals, cultures, and even nations when people have taken it seriously and sought to obey, and thus become more like, God.
• “The Bible is unique in its preservation”: For thousands of years, despite frequent persecution and attempts to keep people from reading it, the Bible has survived and been translated into thousands of languages or dialects. Referencing or quoting Psalm 119:89; Isaiah 40:8; and Matthew 24:35, Dr. Evans states that: “There is no destroying the Bible, because it is the eternal Word of God.”
The Author of the Bible is the One Who-wrote-Genesis. It, too, is the inspired Word of God, and it is truth.
Return from Who-wrote-Genesis to seven days of creation
Return to Genesis-the-Book
Return to Genesis-Creation-Proof.com